Mortgage Loan Processor
This position is responsible for working directly with loan applicants, loan originators, and loan center support staff in reviewing and preparing mortgage loan applications for underwriting preparation; ensuring that the loan files are properly documented for compliance and that all the loan applicants’ personal and financial information has been properly documented and verified.
- Processes the initial application and orders all supporting documentation (flood determination, property valuation, etc.) as appropriate
- Ensures that the compliance documents are accurate and meet regulatory requirements
- Communicates proactively and timely with borrowers and business partners on loan progress and loan disposition
- Collects required documentation from borrowers and follows up on missing items
- Submits properly documented loan file to underwriter in a timely manner
- Distributes the commitment letter which accurately portrays the approval conditions or the denial, withdrawal, or counteroffer
- Monitors the loan commitments to ensure that all underwriting conditions are fully satisfied
- Maintains proficiency in the use of the Bank’s loan origination, automated underwriting, documentation provider, and loan servicing programs
- Cross markets financial institution products and services as appropriate
- Maintains a working knowledge of all lending compliance regulations and acts affirmatively in all job duties in conformance with the Bank’s lending policies
- Complies with all bank policies, procedures, and BSA, Deposit and Lending regulations.
- May perform post-closing duties
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three to five years’ recent loan processing experience
- Familiarity with Freddie Mac and FHA guidelines
- Familiarity with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Sound understanding of financial institution products and services
- Ability to handle stressful situations with calmness and courtesy
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and frequent interruptions
- Perform any additional job related duties as assigned by management
Windsor Federal Savings is an equal opportunity employer.
Windsor Federal Savings offers a competitive salary and full benefits package.
For consideration for this position send resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org